1. All students participating in a PADI diver training programme are required to complete mandatory PADI course documentation in an honest and reliable manner. Any known medical conditions must be declared and notified to Scuba School Ltd, prior to the start of any water based dive course. Failure to declare medical conditions in accordance with the PADI Medical Declaration form, which then later becomes known, will result in student suspension from the course until a satisfactory medical certificate has been gained. In the event a medical certificate cannot be granted, course fees will not be refunded.
Course Deposits and Fees
2. For PADI Experience Programmes – Discover Scuba, Discover Snorkelling, Bubble Makers, PADI Specialities and kids parties, full payment is required on booking. On receipt of full payment and completed booking form, a confirmation and full details will be sent to you.
3. For PADI Open Water, PADI Advanced Open Water and PADI Rescue Diver a full payment of the course cost is required on booking. Full payment and a fully completed booking form will release your course manual for you to keep. Postage will be charged if you require course materials posting out to you.
If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the services from you, then we can refuse to process your order and/or suspend any further services. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
4. For PADI Divemaster Course, a full payment is required on booking. On receipt of this payment and completed booking form, your course pack will be released, the pack is yours to keep and you will be loaned a course DVD, which remains the property of Scuba School Ltd. Due to the size of the Divemaster pack it is not possible for this to be posted.
Divemaster courses will require attendance to mandatory pool / theory workshops. The Divemaster course needs to be completed within 12 months or less from start date.
5. All Deposits and payments for dive Courses are valid for 12 months only. Extending the length of a deposit or payment can be arranged, at the discretion of Scuba School Ltd, before the end of the 12 months from the original booking by contacting the office.
6. Failure to turn up for any pre-booked course outside the required notice period for that course, will result in full payment being due as we will not be able to fill this now lost space at short notice. Where full payment has already been made, no refunds will be given. Additional charges will be made for courses to be rescheduled.
7. Failure to turn up on time, or at all, for single components of a course without 14 days prior notification (i.e. – a pool session or an open water session) resulting in a requirement to reschedule will result in additional charges for staff time, pool time where applicable, any open water site entrance fees and transport charges. If you are not able or willing to pay additional fees, where applicable a PADI Referral document will be issued to confirm completion of all modules to date. This will hold good for a period of 12 months for you to continue your course with another dive school if you wish.
A learning agreement with Scuba School Ltd will be filled in and signed on your first course day, outlining the student diver and instructional staff responsibilities.
8. Failure to complete the full course requirements for any reason caused by the student, will result in loss and additional charges being made to complete the course at a later stage. This includes not being able to demonstrate competence to meet the performance requirements as laid down by the PADI Course Standards. These charges will be for staff time, any entrance fees, equipment and material requirements, surface cover time, vehicle and transport charges etc. If you are not willing to pay additional fees to complete your course, a referral document will be issued to you which will hold good for a period of 12 months from the date of last portion of the course completed.
9. If you are unable to attend a course, or part of a course and provide more than 14 days notice, we will always endeavour to reschedule your course to another date that is suitable to you without extra charges. We do not provide any refunds. Any part payments made for courses will remain in credit on said account for up to 12 months from booking date.
10. In the event that a situation arises and Scuba School are unable to deliver your course on pre-arranged dates, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will re-schedule your course. Scuba School reserve the right to cancel courses if PADI Professionals are not fit to dive or if weather conditions render student diving unsafe. Risk assessment controls will determine conditions to dive.
11. In the event that a situation arises and Scuba School are unable to deliver your pool / classroom sessions on pre-arranged dates, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will re-schedule your dates. Scuba School reserve the right to cancel any hire of the pool and classroom sessions.
Scuba School reserves the right to vary or cancel at their discretion a course or its content where the circumstances or weather necessitate it.
Scuba School reserves the right to vary or cancel at their discretion a course or its content where the minimum number of course participants has not been met.
Cancellations received from students, less than 1 month before a course start date, will not be refunded. Alternatively, for a fee of £75 the course can be rescheduled to an alternative date. This includes courses partly completed.
Refunds; No refunds of any monies paid will be given if cancellation is less than 30 days prior to a course start date (regardless of medical conditions).
Refunds; If you develop a medical condition after you book your course and do not notify us less than 21 days prior to the start of the course then no refund will be given.
Refunds; If you develop a medical condition after you book your course and notify us less than 22 days or more prior to the start of the course then 50% refund will be given.
Refunds; If you book a course with a known medical condition, but fail to notify Scuba School Ltd when completing the medical form, no refunds will be given regardless of cancellation notification.
For Scuba School Ltd to be able to issue Course Certification, we require a photo head shot of the student. Scuba School Ltd requires to receive this photo within 7 days of completion of the Course. In case Scuba School Ltd receives the photo after the required date, an additional fee of £35 will be charged for incurred admin cost.
A refund of the trip cost minus 60% and deposits, will be issued for cancellations up to 8 weeks of the trip departure date. No refund will be issued for cancellations made within 8 weeks of he trip departure date and all monies paid will be forfeited. Cancellations must be in writing to: Scuba School Ltd or email: email@example.com.
In the event that a situation arises and Scuba School are unable to deliver the trip on pre-arranged dates, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will re-schedule the dates.
Scuba School reserves the right to cancel any trip.
Scuba School reserves the right to vary or cancel, at their discretion, a trip where the circumstances or weather necessitate it.
Scuba School reserves the right to vary or cancel, at their discretion, a course or its content where the minimum number of course participants has not been met.
Refunds on trips
To secure a place at a Scuba School organised trip, a 50% deposit is required. Deposits are non-refundable and secure a place on the trip booked. The balance is payable in full 12 weeks prior to the trip departure. If at any time of the booking, less than 12 weeks remain prior to trip departure date, then full cost of the trip is payable.
To book a trip, a Scuba School Ltd Trip booking form needs to be filled in to secure your place. However, if Scuba School has received your (non-refundable) deposit, this will secure your booking for a limited time.
If Scuba School changes or cancels a trip where the circumstances or weather necessitate it, either a reschedule will be offered or a full refund will be given.
Loss & damages to equipment
Lost or damaged of equipment, other than wear and tear, caused by a student will require full repair payment by the student who utilised that equipment.
Students who rent Scuba School Ltd equipment need to check their equipment before use (at pick-up time). Any loss or damage to hired equipment during the hired time, will require full repair or replacement payment by the student.
Equipment hire cancellations: if kit hire is not cancelled within 48 hours you will still be charged.
12. We are required to hold your personal details for a period of 7 years as required by PADI International Limited. We will at all times, treat your details with respect and will not share them with any other company whatsoever. Credit card details are not held after full payment of your course has been made, and are shredded. Scuba School complies with the Data Protection Act.