PADI Assistant Instructor
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life, become a PADI Assistant Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals.
As an Assistant Instructor you gain insight and experience in teaching, guiding and supporting students under the direction of our Instructors. We help you develop your scuba diving abilities to become a confident and vital part of a scuba diving team. You earn a PADI Assistant Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Assistant Instructors are now also able to Instruct a bigger range of PADI specialties that we are able to teach you. These include Coral Reef Conservation, Project AWARE Specialist, Digital Underwater Photography, Emergency o2 Provider, EFR and Equipment Specialist making you a more marketable and versatile PADI Professional.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diving education programs? Then Go PRO with an Assistant Instructor Course and join our friendly, supportive, professional scuba diving team.
What do you need to start?
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enrol in the PADI Instructor Development Course.
You also need:
• At least 60 logged dives (with experience in night, deep and navigation diving)
• Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
• A medical statement signed by a doctor within the last 12 months.
• You need to be 18 years old or older.
The Assistant Instructor Course is typically 3 days.
Often scheduled at weekends with the occasional mid-week evening, allowing for the confined (pool) sessions. This allows flexibility and you not having to take time off to complete the course, however a more intensive (full time) course may be scheduled to meet your individual needs.
The course also requires some online, independent study through PADI e-learning and in-class presentations.
Key topics include:
• PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops.
• Learning, Instruction and the PADI System.
• Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Programs
• Skills circuit assessment
• Confined Open Water and Open Water teaching presentations
• Classroom teaching presentations
• Teaching specialty programmes
• Diver Rescue Skills assessment
• Independent/Online study
• General Standards and Procedures exam
The Learning and Teaching Materials you need are:
• The PADI Instructor Development Course Crew Pack, which contains all the materials you will need to prepare for and become a PADI Assistant Instructor.
• Instructor cue cards for PADI core courses
• OW Prescriptive Lesson Guides
• PADI Guide to Teaching
• PADI Speciality Instructor Manual
• Quiz and Exam Booklets for the core courses
• Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
• IDC candidate Workbook and related reference materials
• PADI backpack
• Classroom presentations
• Candidate teaching presentations
• Confined water workshops
• Open water workshops
• General Standards and Procedures Exam
• Lots of serious fun and support from all the team!
In addition, you get:
• Free Emergency First Response Instructor Training (worth £250)
• Free Dive Against Debris Specialty Instructor Training (worth £150)
• Free business advice on how to make a living in diving, from business experts across different industries – priceless
Make sure to check out your Instructors here!
PADI IDC £450.00
PADI Assistant Instructor Application Fee payable directly to PADI (prices from PADI Member price list)
PADI IDC Crew Pack: £349.00
Interested in becoming an Assistant Instructor? Please contact the Dive Centre to discuss and plan your course.