Rebreather Diving opens up a completely new world for you as a diver:
- Longer bottom times,
- Less noise (no bubbles),
- Stay warmer ( breathing a warm gas ),
- Less decompression because you are breathing the optimal mix of oxygen for every depth.
- It is cutting edge technology
The Poseidon MK6/7 Rebreather is not only for Technical divers. This Rebreather can now be used by recreational divers with the same benefits with as benefit that this unit can be fully upgraded to a full 100 meter technical unit if you decide to take it further.
Start off as a recreational diver and perhaps progress to Tec; it’s up to you.
What do you need to start?
- If you’re a PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent) you can start this course.
- In possession of Nitrox qualification (?)
- Minimum age is 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 15 logged dives
What will you learn?
Your PADI Rebreather Instructor or Tec CCR Instructor will explain how rebreathers work and go over basic safety and operational instructions, such as what the rebreather is telling you through the gauges and heads-up display (HUD).
In the water, your instructor will help you adjust your unit and get comfortable before letting you swim around and explore.
How long does it take?
Scuba School Ltd offers different Rebreather options, see below information
PADI discover Rebreather
Our PADI Discover Rebreather course will consist of:
- Initial briefing explaining how the Rebreather works
- Key safety points
- Finishing with a short knowledge review.
- The dive will last for approximately 30 to 40 minutes with a maximum depth of 5 meters.
PADI Rebreather diver
PADI Rebreather Diver will consist of:
- Three knowledge developments,
- Four practical applications
- Six training dives with a minimum of 200 minutes underwater.
- This can be completed over 4 to 5 days.
PADI Advanced Rebreather Diver
PADI Advanced Rebreather Diver will consist of:
- Two knowledge developments
- One practical application
- Five open water dives with a minimum of 240 minutes underwater.
- This can be completed over 4 days.
Combined Rebreather & Advanced Rebreather course
The two courses can be combined reducing the number of dives to seven with a minimum of 440 minutes underwater.Rebreather Crossover
This is for those that are already qualified on another Rebreather and would therefore not require to do the whole course.
This course consists of:
- 4 open water dives & knowledge reviews
- This can be completed over two days.
What’s included in the price?
- Full equipment hire including rebreather & dry suit (if needed)
- All air
- PADI Rebreather materials
- PADI course fees and certification
- Theory session and 2 open water dives
Note: Sofnolime and site entry fees are not included.
PADI discover Rebreather – £45
PADI Rebreather diver – £450
PDI Advanced Rebreather Diver – £450
Combined Rebreather & Advanced Rebreather – £800
PADI Rebreather Crossover – £250