Discover Scuba Diving (DSD)
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breath under water? Would you like to give it go and see what it’s like to be weightless? Would you just like to have a go at scuba diving to see how it feels?
What is a Discover Scuba Diving Session?
The Discover Scuba Diving Session is a quick and easy introduction to scuba diving for those wishing to give it a try. It’s an ideal opportunity to see what it’s like to explore the under water world.
We start with a classroom session where we show you the equipment and introduce some basic dive theory. After watching a short dive film we head over to the pool for a pool dive. Your DSD experience will include:
- How to use your scuba equipment and you will discover how easy it is to move around underwater with your scuba gear
- Find out what it’s like and how easy it is to breath under water
- Have fun and enjoy the experience
- Try some basic scuba skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive
Our experienced PADI professionals will guide you every step of the way, whilst you have a go at scuba diving in a comfortable and relaxing environment. The DSD is a great opportunity to try scuba diving and meet some of our PADI team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
What do you need to start?
- No prior experience of scuba diving is necessary
- Minimum age 10 years old
- Scuba diving is good for virtually anyone who is in reasonable physical health
- Pre-register your details here.
- Complete a self certification statement. If there are any health concerns you will need to take the questionnaire to your doctor for a final check, before diving. Click here to go to the form/s you need to complete before the pool session.
- Just bring along your swimming gear and an old t-shirt – we provide all the scuba diving equipment you will need
or if you prefer one-on-one session with an instructor the cost is £65
Where can you go from here?
Get qualified as a scuba diver by taking the PADI Open Water Diver course!
Whilst the Try Dive provides a fantastic experience, it is not a certified course, it can however, be the first step towards starting the PADI Open Water Diver course (this is the first PADI, internationally recognised, certificated diving course, to qualify as a scuba diver)
If you decide to book onto the PADI Open Water Diver course within 7 days of completing your Try Dive, Scuba School will credit the full cost of your Try Dive towards your Open Water qualification.