PADI Assistant Instructor
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life, become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. As an Assistant Instructor you gain insight and experience in teaching, guiding and supporting students under the direction of our Instructors. We help you develop your scuba diving abilities to become a confident and vital part of a scuba diving team. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diving education programs? Then Go PRO with an Instructor Development Course and join our friendly, supportive, professional scuba diving team.
What do you need to start?
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course. You also need:
- At least 60 logged dives (with experience in night, deep and navigation diving)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a doctor within the last 12 months.
- You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
- You need to be 18 years old or older.
- Have been a certified scuba diver for 6 months.
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is a 7 day program beginning with the Assistant Instructor Course, which is typically 3 days, with the e-learning option it could take as little as two days.
The OWSI section is a four day program and we allow an extra day making the IDC more relaxed giving you more time to complete the course requirements, therefore the full IDC is 8 days in total.
The IDC is typically scheduled at weekends with the occasional mid week evening, allowing for the confined (pool) sessions. This allows flexibility and you not having to take time off to complete the course, however a more intensive (full time) course may be scheduled to meet your individual needs.
The IDC includes online independent study through PADI e-learning or in-class presentations being delivered.
Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops.
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System.
- Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
- Confined Open Water and Open Water teaching presentations
- Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialities
- Risk Management and Diver Safety.
- Dive Rescue Skills assessment
- Independent/Online study
- Dive theory and Standards exam
The Learning and Teaching Materials you need are:
The PADI Instructor Development Course Crew Pack which contains all the materials you will need to prepare for and become a PADI Assistant Instructor. It Includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI core courses
- OW Prescriptive Lesson Guides
- PADI Guide to Teaching
- PADI Speciality Instructor Manual
- Quiz and Exam Booklets for the core courses
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- IDC candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- The Business of Diving
- PADI backpack!
- Classroom presentations
- Candidate teaching presentations
- Confined water workshops
- Open water workshops
- Dive theory and Standards exam preparation
- Lots of serious fun and support from all the team!
Interested in becoming an Instructor?
Please contact the Dive Centre to discuss and plan your course.
PADI IDC £695.00.
PADI IDC Application Fee payable directly to PADI (prices from PADI Member pricelist)
PADI IDC Crew Pack: £349
PADI IE (Instructor Examination) Fee payable directly to PADI (prices from PADI Member pricelist)