Reactivate Scuba Refresher
Haven’t been scuba diving lately and want a quick refresher? The Reactivate™ Program is a new PADI program and it is the perfect way to brush up on your knowledge and skills. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics again, Reactivate™ is personalised for you. You conveniently review scuba concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer, meet with your PADI professional to decide what you’d like to review in the water and then go diving. It’s a quick and easy way to prepare for your next PADI course or get ready for a diving holiday. Plus, having completed the knowledge review and in-water skills you get a Reactivate™ date on your replacement PADI certification card to show you are ready for further underwater adventures.
What do I need to start?
- You must be 13 years or older (if you choose to complete the old Scuba Review you need to be 10 years old or older, please see the bottom of the page for the Scuba Review option)
- You need to complete a medical self certification statement. If there are any health concerns you will need to take your questionnaire to your doctor for a final check before diving. Click here to go to the form/s you need to complete before starting this course.
- Be certified as a PADI (Junior) diver
- Using either Reactivate™ Touch (for tablets or mobile devices) or Reactivate™ Online (for computers) you’ll immerse yourself in dive scenarios and make decisions that test your understanding of important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials and problem management.
- Move through Reactivate at your own pace and delve deeper into topics when you need or want to.
- Next you will meet with your PADI professional to plan your Reactivate™ pool dive. Then it’s off to the pool where your PADI professional will help you regain comfort and confidence in scuba diving again. You’ll practice a few safety related skills and then go over anything you specifically want to review.
How long will it take?
- Once you’ve completed the Reactivate topics (Touch or Online) it usually takes one pool session, but if it’s been a while it may be best to have more than one pool session to be sure you’re fully happy and confident in your skills.
- All equipment and air fills
- Pool entry fees
- Reactivate™ materials
- Instruction and supervision by your PADI professional
Each Reactivate™ Scuba Refresher is priced individually depending upon the number of pool sessions you may need. The minimum cost is £75 which includes the Reactivate™ materials, pre-pool meeting with your PADI professional and a pool session.
Alternatively you can do a…
- You can choose, instead, to complete the old PADI Scuba Review, which does not include the new Reactivate Online/Touch materials.
- The Scuba Review includes a pre-dive session with your PADI professional to discuss your dive skills and complete a quick knowledge review to ensure you’re happy with the essential theory.
- Then it’s off to the pool where your PADI professional will help you regain comfort and confidence in scuba diving again. You’ll practice safety related skills and then go over anything you specifically want to review.
£49 (or £69 to include Scuba Tune Up manual) which includes the pre-pool session and a pool session.